This Privacy Notice is issued by the National Transport Authority of Dún Scéine, Harcourt Lane, Dublin 8 (“NTA”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
The National Transport Authority Online Consultation Portal is a free service provided to enable participation in public consultations. The portal publishes consultations to which you can make submissions, receive messages about consultations, read and interact with published submissions.
The purpose of this notice is to inform you inform you of the data relating to you that we may collect and use in connection with the NTA Online Consultation Portal and the uses (including disclosures to third parties) we may make of such data. If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, please contact us at [email protected].
The NTA reserves the right to amend the scope of the privacy statement at any time which may include or exclude other sites or platforms.
Identity and the contact details of the controller:
The Data Controller is the National Transport Authority, Dún Scéine, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Lane, Dublin 2
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer:
Data Protection Officer
email: [email protected]
Identity and the contact details of the processor:
The Data Processor and the company that runs the online consultation portal service is CiviQ, Business Barn, Kellystown Lane, Leixlip, Co. Kildare.
email: [email protected] Phone: (01) 2548006
How we collect your Personal Data
The Online Consultation Portal, known as the "platform", and the data processor, CiviQ, collects personal information from you on our behalf, to facilitate your responses to public consultations and engagement with other respondents. Your data is collected in the following ways:
- Directly from your written input to the platform via the registration form, submission forms, survey forms and comment boxes;
Automatically through the platform’s technologies including tracking online, such as by web cookies (which are small text files created by websites that are stored on your computer)
Personal Data that we collect and process
We collect the following information about you from your use of the platform:
- Contact details, including your name, email address, postal address, website and telephone number;
- Organisational affiliation if you are registering an organisation or a company;
- Gender and age (optional);
- Usernames and passwords;
- Website security roles to allow you to securely perform some limited functions within the CiviQ platform;
- Tracking codes such as cookies;
- Submissions, comments, emails, feedback about the platform, indicators of support to other users, and other content you provide via the platform;
- Consent to receive emails from subscriptions, notifications and messages including date and time of consent;
- Anonymised Internet Protocol (IP) addresses used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Account creation and last log-in date and time;
- Audit of moderation tasks on your submission
If you make a submission to some types of consultation, there is or may be a requirement to provide your name and address. The platform therefore requests these details at log in to facilitate your participation in all types of consultation, in an efficient and effective manner.
Some types of communications from the platform require your consent. These include messages and notifications. You may choose to receive notifications about consultations; system messages and notifications or withdraw consent to the same.
You can manage your consent settings for communications, notifications and messages via the Manage Consent page on the consultation portal at: - https://consult.nationaltransport.ie/user/consent.
Purposes of Processing and Legal Basis
We will use personal data relating to you for the following purposes :
- facilitating your use of the Online Consultation Portal in accordance with our Terms and Conditions;
- registering you with an account on the Online Consultation Portal;
- to carry out our obligations to process your responses to public consultations;
- to provide you with information;
- to notify you of confirmation that we have received your response to a consultation;
- to notify you about changes to any of our services;
- to ensure that content from the platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- providing you with customer support
- sending you essential service-related communications
- performing our functions as a public authority and complying with our legal obligations
Information collected about you by the platform.
This information is used:
- to administer the platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting and testing
- to improve the platform to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- to keep the platform safe and secure; and
to help improve the reach and inclusiveness of public consultations using third party services such as Matomo Analytics
Our legal basis for using your information
- The bases on which we process your personal data are: that this is necessary for the performance of our contract with you governing your use of the NTA Online Consultation Portal;
- That this is necessary for the performance of tasks that we carry out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us by law (including but not limited to Dublin Transport Authority Act 2008, Public Transport Regulation 2009, Vehicle Clamping Act 2015 and the Taxi Regulation Act 2013);
- That this is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that applies to us; or
That you have given your consent to the processing.
We will ask for your consent with regard to certain types of communications and notifications.
How long we retain your personal data
We will not hold your personal data for longer than is necessary. We retain your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes described in this Notice, or to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise between you and us.
Public consultation submissions are retained for a period of up to 7 years.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Transfers of data will be within the European Union and therefore covered by the General Data Protection Regulations.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal data to other organisations in connection with the above purposes, including:
- to third parties who we engage to provide services to us in connection with the Online Consultation Portal such as outsourced service providers, IT services providers, professional advisers and auditors; and
- to other public authorities and bodies where required or permitted by law, such as the Gardaí or other law enforcement authorities for the purposes of the prevention, investigation or detection of crime.
Your personal data is not used for any automated decision-making.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information that is processed by us. These rights are listed below. These rights are not absolute and apply subject to certain conditions. For example, your rights may include:
- the right to access personal data held by us about you;
- the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data held by us about you;
- in certain circumstances, the right to require us to erase personal data held by us about you;
- in certain circumstances, the right to restrict our processing of personal data held by us about you;
- in certain circumstances, a right to receive personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. You may also have the right to require us to transfer this personal data to another organisation where feasible, at your request;
- the right to object to our processing of personal data held by us about you (including for the purposes of sending marketing materials to you); and
- the right to withdraw your consent, where we are relying on it to use your personal data
Some rights you can exercise directly on the platform via your Personal Account page; My Submissions Page; Manage Consent page; and by checking certain boxes on the consent forms we use when collecting your personal information. These facilitate you keeping your personal details up to date and prevent certain types of processing.
With regard to communications, if at any point you wish to review or change your preferences, you can use the ‘opt-out’ or 'unsubscribe' mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive from us. Note that you may still receive transactional communications regarding your submissions.
To exercise these rights please contact [email protected]
Obligation to provide personal data
You are not under a statutory or contractual duty to provide us with any personal data. However, there are some pieces of information that we require in order to register you with an account on the NTA Online Consultation Portal
If you do not provide us with the information required, we will not be able to facilitate your use of the Online Consultation Portal
Updates to this privacy notice
We may occasionally update this policy. We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Concerns or complaints
If you have any concerns or complaints about the processing of your personal data or the NTA’s responses to regarding your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the Data Protection Commission, [email protected].